Moist and Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
This is my Grandma's recipe and it is so delicious and moist.
- 1.5 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple with Juice
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts Walnuts or Pecans
- 2.5 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Cold
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease 1 sheet cake pan or 2 cake rounds on all sides.
- In large bowl, whisk brown sugar and oil together until smooth.
- Mix in shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, and nuts.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into your desired pans and gently tap on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake until tester comes out clean, 30-40 minutes, Let the cakes cool completely before removing from the pans. If using a sheet cake pan, you can keep in the pan.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth and silky.
- Add in the softened butter 1 tablespoon at a time, blend until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Once cake is completely cooled you can frost your cake.