I started taking small steps to create a decluttered home last year because I was tired of feeling like I was constantly cleaning up after our life rather than living it. The more I cleaned out the better I felt! Clearing the clutter seemed to not only clear physical space in our home, but also alleviated some mental clutter as well. Having less created more time in my day because I was cleaning up less.
The small changes that I made last year have encouraged me to create a 30-day decluttering challenge, so I can continue my journey to a more organized and minimal home. I want to carefully choose what takes up space in my home, since I know those things in my home also take up my time.
Do you also want to be less stressed and more focused on your family rather than your things? I’m excited to walk with you step-by-step as I clear out the clutter in my home. The purpose of this guide is to prompt you to go through one area of your home each day for about 10-20 minutes decluttering and organizing the space to create more time for what matters. you don’t need to do these in order just pick one square every day for 30 days and you will accomplish so much!
If you don’t know where to start or feel overwhelmed by organizing this free challenge is for you! Enter your email below to download the printable today!
Here are some helpful tips:
- Don’t get overwhelmed, just start! Start with one area and one item at a time. You can even set a timer for yourself each day and do what you can in the time allowed.
- Some great eliminating questions to ask yourself are:
- Do I need, use, or love this item?
- If an item is broken or damaged get rid of it.
- Have I used this item in the last year? If you are still having trouble put the items in a box in the garage and if you don’t touch them in 6 months they are to be donated.
- Pro tip is to pull everything, yes everything out so you have a clean slate. This means it is going to look worse before it gets better, but it will be worth it.
Make sure to follow me over on Instagram @everydaygracedesigns so you can follow along as I clear the clutter and create a more organized home. I will be sharing more tips and tricks, updates, and how-to videos over there as well!